CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) PLAN OF ACTION
The pastors of KFBC have met to discuss and implement a 3-phase plan of action should the Corona Virus continue to spread. Some of the decisions below are being made by the pastors on your behalf. Other decisions will need to be made by you, using your own judgement and caution. As we work together, we ask all of you to keep these things in mind:
- PRAY – Physical illnesses are still spiritual matters. We know we can bring our requests to a sovereign God who is still on his throne (James 5:14)
- DON’T PANIC – Jesus gives clear instruction and encouragement regarding who to fear and who/what NOT to fear. (Matthew 10:26-33)
- THINK OF OTHERS – Though you may have less concern over the nature of the current Corona Virus threat, your brother or sister may not. Consider them more important than yourself (Philippians 2:3-4)
Phase 1: We Use Caution
When does this happen: Effective Immediately
What we’re going to do: Keep Going
What do you need to do: Come Cautiously
- Practice Social Distancing: Avoid any physical contact. Greet one another with a “hello” but not a handshake.
- If you are 65 or older or in poor health, please consider staying home so as not to expose yourself to any threats.
- The pastors will be prepared to scale back ministries due to some of you needing to stay home (Awana, Choir, Seasoned Saints, etc.)
Home Groups WILL NOT MEET through the end of the month (or until further notice)
Phase 2: If there’s a Case
When does this happen: If there is ever a reported Corona Virus case in Angelina County
What will we do:
- All food & beverage services will end (Hebrews coffee, donuts, etc.)
- All meetings and ministries will end except for Sunday morning worship at 10:30
Phase 3: If there’s a Quarantine
When does this happen: If our local or national leaders recommend or require the suspension of all public gatherings.
What will we do:
- ALL public services will be canceled
- We will provide an online viewing of our weekly service