May 21, 2023
Keltys Worship Service, May 21, 2023 (Graduate Sunday)
Series Title: Rescue: The Glory of God in Exodus
Text: Exodus 31:1-18
Title: Serve and Rest
Big Idea: God rescues His people to serve and rest.
1. The Lord gives the Spirit to His people to ________ one another for His glory.
See Exodus 28:3; 35:31; Deut. 34:9; Micah 3:8
- What does the Spirit do?
1. The Spirit ____________ the spiritually dead to respond to the gospel in repentance and faith.
See John 3:5; 1 John 5:1
2. The Spirit _________ us out as followers of Jesus Christ and children of God.
See Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:15-16
3. The Spirit enables us to ____________ God’s word.
See 1 Corinthians 2:14
4. The Spirit _____________ us to follow Jesus and ____________ us to the image of Jesus.
See Acts 1:8; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 5:18-19
2. The Lord calls His people to regularly _______, recall, and ___________ Him.
- What’s the Spirit’s role in our passage? How does this point to the Spirit’s role in the New Testament?
- How are you currently serving others in the church toward greater degrees of holiness? How can you grow here?
- What are the 3 Rs related to the Sabbath? How do these same principles apply to the church today?
- If someone asked you, ‘Why should I regularly gather with the church?” what would you say?
- What’s significant about the placement of Exodus 31:12-18? What comes before it and what follows?
- What’s the relationship between service and rest? Who demonstrates these things for us, and how does their example challenge you?